YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential.
For more than 40 years, YouthCare has been a leader in providing effective services to Seattle’s homeless youth. In 1974, a group of concerned citizens started a three-bed shelter for homeless and runaway youth, the first in the Western United States. Since then, we have grown to become a community-based agency with 13 sites serving the greater Seattle area. During that time, we have led the way in creating effective, innovative programs for homeless young people:
- In 1989, YouthCare created one of the first transitional living programs in the Northwest. Straley House now houses Catalyst, one of the first low-barrier housing programs for homeless youth in the region.
- In 1998, YouthCare opened Isis at Ravenna House, the first transitional living program in Washington State to focus on the unique needs of homeless LGBTQ youth.
- In May 2010, YouthCare partnered with the City of Seattle, the King County Prosecutor’s Office, and others to open the Bridge Program, the first residential recovery program in the Northwest for sexually exploited children. Today, the program operates as a full continuum of services for sexually exploited youth and young adults, and includes dedicated beds in both emergency shelter and transitional living programs.
- *For general inquiries, including program information and donation options: firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 694-4500
- *Volunteering: email@example.com or (206) 267-3076
- *Media: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 204-1411
**Special note for high school and college students seeking interviews: Due to the intensive nature of our programming and the difficult situations the youth are navigating, we don’t offer any opportunities for students to conduct individual interviews with staff or youth in our programs. We welcome you to attend a Volunteer Information Session if you are interested in learning more about YouthCare and our work. The Info Session is a great opportunity to get an overview of our organization, programs, and work with youth. View upcoming sessions and sign up.**
YouthCare Administrative Offices
2500 NE 54th Street
Seattle, WA 98105