The Gibson Law Office, in Lafayette, Indiana, represents people charged with serious felony and misdemeanor crimes, in state and federal court. Attorney Brett Gibson has significant jury trial experience, including winning acquittal at trials in Class A felony and drunk driving cases. Attorney Brett Gibson only handles criminal cases, including clients charged with:
Sex crimes: If you are accused of a sex crime, you should never waive your right to an attorney or submit to a polygraph examination. Aggressive legal representation early in the investigation is critical in defending sex crime allegations.
- Drug crimes and DUI's: Drug crimes and DUIs can carry significant penalties, including a lengthy driver's license suspension. An experienced criminal defense attorney can evaluate whether a search of a person's home, vehicle, or person was illegal. When a person is arrested for DUI, their Indiana driver's license will be ordered suspended while the case is pending. An experienced criminal attorney may be able to get a person's driving privileges restored in 30 days with a probationary license.
- Battery and crimes of violence: In Indiana, a person can use force to protect themselves from an attack. In any battery case where self-defense is an issue, it is important to contact an experienced criminal attorney immediately. An experienced criminal attorney can help identify evidence or witnesses that can help corroborate an assertion of self-defense.
- Theft and Shoplifting: If a person is arrested for theft or shoplifting, they can be charged with a Class D felony and face up to three years in prison. It may be possible to avoid a felony conviction by challenging the State's evidence regarding intent or by negotiating a reduction of the felony to a misdemeanor.
- Sex crimes: If you are accused of a sex crime, you should never waive your right to an...
- Practice AreasCrimina
- Family Law
- Previous Law Firm NameBrett B. Gibson, Attorney at LawPeopleAttorneysAdditional PersonnelPhone765-742-8440Websites